Monza Module Instructions
1. Plug in the Monza module.
If your computer detects the module successfully and installs the drivers automatically, let that finish. If your computer can not find the right drivers, download and install them from here:
- Choose ‘Run,’ once it is has finished downloading, or find the file you just downloaded ‘CMD_v2.12.00_WHQL_Certified.exe’ and double-click it to run it.
Choose ‘Extract,’ and continue through the installation until it finishes.
- Choose ‘Extract,’ and continue through the installation until it finishes.
- If everything was successful, you should see some nice green check marks, indicating success! Note: You may need administrator privileges on your machine in order for this to run properly. (Copyright sparkfun.com)
2. Download simhub.
Simhub is available for free from here: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/simhub-diy-sim-racing-dash.10252/
3. Download the license key sent to your email.
This license key is part of your purchase and can not be shared. Sharing the license key will stop simhub from working.
4. Download your preferred screen files.
Sim-gear.co.uk files can be found here: https://sim-gear.co.uk/pages/monza-module-designs
5. Copy the screen files into the simhub folder.
Inside the main folder of simhub is a folder called "NextionTemplate". Copy the downloaded files into this folder:
6. Start simhub and install the license key.
After startup, click the “Settings” in the top right corner of the program:
If simhub has been activated successfully, the Settings panel should look similar to this:
7. Navigate to the Nextion screen
8. Setup the Nextion screen
Click on the Comport field. If more than 2 different comports show up it is easiest to start the Device Manager and check which comport the Monza Module is by unplugging it and re-plugging it:
In the example shown, the Monza has been assigned comport COM33.
Choose this comport in simhub. Click on Template and Mapping and choose the files that you saved into the simhub folder earlier:
9. Start any of the supported games and enjoy your Monza module!
If any of the previous steps did not work, try to restart simhub and make sure that the downloaded files are in the correct folder.
If this does not solve your issues, please send me an email at email@example.com.
10. Download the NextionUploader
If you would like to update or change your screen you can use the NextionUploader to upload modified files onto your screen. The Uploader can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ol5v84benlxhwdb/NextionUploader.zip?dl=0